Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Holy Bible.

     Pictured to the left is a copy of a version of the Holy Bible, known as THE NEW ENGLISH BIBLE; being entitled: THE NEW ENGLISH BIBLE WITH THE APOCRYPHA.  John 17:1-17 read as follows:
"AFTER THESE WORDS Jesus looked up to heaven and said: 'Father, the hour has come.  Glorify thy Son, that the Son may glorify thee.  2 For thou hast made him sovereign over all mankind, to give eternal life to all whom thou hast given him.  3 This is eternal life: to know thee who alone art truly God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.  4 'I have glorified thee on earth by completing the work which thou gavest me to do; 5 and now, Father, glorify me in thy own presence with the glory which I had with thee before the world began.  6 'I have made thy name known to the men whom thou didst give me out of the world.  They were thine, thou gavest them to me, and they have obeyed thy command.  7 Now they know that all thy gifts have come to me from thee; 8 for I have taught them all that I learned from thee, and they have received it: they know with certainty that I came from thee; they have had faith to believe that thou didst send me.  9 'I pray for them; I am not praying for the world but for those whom thou hast given me, because they belong to thee.  10 All that is mine is thine, and what is thine is mine; and through them has my glory shone.  11 'I am to stay no longer in the world, but they are still in the world, and I am on my way to thee.  Holy Father, protect by the power of thy name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are one.  12 When I was with them, I protected by the power of thy name those whom thou hast given me, and kept them safe.  Not one of them is lost except the man who must be lost, for Scripture has to be fulfilled.  13 'And now I am coming to thee; but while I am still in the world I speak these words, so that they may have my joy within them in full measure.  14 I have delivered thy word to them, and the world hates them because they are strangers in the world, as I am.  15 I pray thee, not to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one.  16 They are strangers in the world, as I am.  17 Consecrate them by the truth; thy word is truth.'"
Jesus ( see verse one, above ) teaches, here, that the heavenly Father's ( again, see verse one ) word is truth ( as we read in verse seventeen, above ).  Therefore, we can trust His word ( the Holy Bible - see Psalm 119:65-73, 142, 151 and 2 Timothy 2:15, for example ).  Please click on the link below to read today's bulletin regarding the subject of biblical criticism:
     If you have any questions about the Holy Bible, you can contact me by e-mail at:

     <rewillis1_1@juno.com>
     <Russell E. Willis>.

NOTE: You will need to click on the back arrow ( on your web browser ) to exit the bulletin back to this weblog.